Genograms: The Secrets and Skills - 2nd Edition (Self-Study)
This course is eligible for 2 CEUs for social workers through the NASW National CE Approval Program in 46 states
This course is also eligible for 2 CEUs for Licensed Social Workers, Licensed Mental Health Counselors, Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors (CASACs), and Psychologists in New York State
For more information about CEU approval, please click here.
Format: Self-Study Online Seminar
One of the best tools we have as clinicians to get a dynamic history of our clients, their life, history, social networks, health, and family is the genogram. How many of us actually use it and be in the story of our clients' lives and memories with them. Come join us and move beyond the family tree. Let the picture tell the story.
Please join us now, and arm yourself with these concrete tools!
What you’ll learn
- Learned the framework of the Socratic Motivational Practice to properly use genograms to assess and adequately treat patients and clients.
- Learned the Principles, Techniques, Steps, and Do's and Don'ts of the Socratic Motivational Practice to obtain relevant information and effectively listen to patients and clients as they work with you in completing the genogram.
- Increased your tools of talking with patients and clients, by identifying at least one thing you will start doing differently at the end of the seminar, as a result of the Socratic Motivational Practice framework.
- Everything you want in one place, including an illustration of how to implement the newly learned skills during our role plays.
- Received your certificate by email after your post-test and evaluation are completed.
Who is this for?
This course is for any clinician invested in learning new or honing existing skills to be able to use in dynamic ways to support their patients and clients and to end suffering.
Here's what attendees have been saying about SWEET seminars:
"Today, as with all webinars, the case studies were most helpful! I also appreciated Karen sending the link to the articles on the website!" - Sarah, LMSW
"Karen stood out - my first time under her teaching. She is excellent, skilled, fun, articulate and a caring clinician." - Stephen, LCSW-R
"I am so happy that I became a member. The information is invaluable and enables me to better promote change in my clients." - AnnMarie, LCSW
Get started now!
Your Facilitator and Co-Facilitator
Mardoche Sidor, MD is a Harvard-trained Quadruple Board Certified Psychiatrist, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at Columbia University, School of Physicians and Surgeons, trained in and taught all major psychotherapeutic modalities, including and not limited to CBT, DBT, Family Systems, and Psychodynamic Psychotherapy. He is also the author of 11 books including Journey to Empowerment, Discovering Your Worth, The Power of Faith. and, The Art of Living. Dr. Sidor has worked both as a primary care physician and Medical Director in three different settings, including a Chief Medical Officer of the Center for Alternative Sentencing and Employment Services (CASES). He is a main facilitator for the SWEET Institute. His 11th book, entitled, NLP for Clinicians is now available to the public.
Karen Dubin, PhD, LCSW, is a Columbia-trained Social Worker with wide clinical, teaching, and supervision experience. She also has a background in management, mentorship, and leadership that spans more than 20 years. Her added passion is in advocacy and coaching. She has previously held Executive level positions, and two other directorships in different organizations. She is currently Adjunct Faculty at Columbia University School of Social Work and Adelphi University School of Social Work. She also maintains a private practice, provides supervision, and clinical and management training. She is also a personal and executive-level coach. She is a main facilitator for the SWEET Institute.