Motivational Interviewing - 2nd Edition (Self-Study)
SELF-STUDY ONLINE SEMINAR
2 CEU for LMSWs, LCSWs, LMHCs, and CASACs
So many "challenging" individuals, but how do we best engage them?
What are the steps, and how do we help them advance from one level of change to the next? How do we know for sure what level of change our patients and clients may be at, and how do we best help elicit discrepancies and work with ambivalence to help effect change?
Come and learn with us.
Join us now.
- Learned the framework of the Socratic Motivational Practice to properly implement MI with your patients and clients.
- Learned the Principles, Techniques, Steps, and Do's and Don'ts of the Socratic Motivational Practice to properly implement MI with your patients and clients.
- Increased your tools when talking with patients and clients by identifying at least one thing you will start doing differently at the end of the webinar, as a result of the Socratic Motivational Practice framework.
- Everything you want in one place, including an illustration of how to implement the newly learned skills during our role plays.
- Received your certificate by email after your post-test and evaluation are completed.
HERE'S WHAT ATTENDEES ARE SAYING ABOUT OUR SWEET SEMINARS:
“The increased awareness of becoming more cognizant of my health practices has been helpful and motivational in gaining insight and motivation to make positive change.”
- David, LCSW
“I found this to be another interesting topic and enjoyed how we were able to utilize such tools in present day situation (COVID 19) to assist our clients.”
- Rosalind, LMSW
“The instructor was extremely knowledgeable and provided clarity when asked.”
- Jaclyn, LMSW
There are a handful of states that the NASW does not cover because those states want to maintain their independent authority to approve, or not, providers and courses. In New York State, the Office of Professions controls the approval process. We are an approved provider by the NY State Office of Professions. In other words:
- In the State of New York, SWEET Institute is approved by the Office of Professions under Dr. Sidor Psychiatric Services as a CEU provider for social workers (#SW-0471) and mental health counselors (#MHC-0127).
- Our live and self-study webinars are individually approved by the NASW National CE Approval Program in 46 additional states. SWEET courses are NOT approved by the NASW National CE Approval Program in: Michigan, New Jersey, and West Virginia.
Get started now!
97% of our course attendees reported that they now have new skills to use in their everyday work
Your Facilitator and Co-Facilitator
Mardoche Sidor, MD
Mardoche Sidor, MD is a Harvard-trained Quadruple Board Certified Psychiatrist, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at Columbia University, School of Physicians and Surgeons, trained in and taught all major psychotherapeutic modalities, including and not limiting to CBT, DBT, Family Systems, and Psychodynamic Psychotherapy. He is also the author of 3 books including Journey to Empowerment; Discovering Your Worth; and The Power of Faith. Dr. Sidor has worked both as a primary care physician and Medical director in three different settings, including a Chief Medical Officer of Center for Alternative Sentencing and Employment Services (CASES). He is a main facilitator for the SWEET Institute.
Karen Dubin-McKnight, PhD, LCSW
Karen Dubin-McKnight, PhD, LCSW is a Columbia-trained Social Worker with wide clinical, teaching, and supervision experience. She also has a background in management, mentorship, and leadership that spans over 20 years. Her added passion is in advocacy and coaching. She has previously held Executive-Level positions and is currently Adjunct Faculty at Columbia University School of Social Work and Adelphi University School of Social Work. She maintains a private practice, working with individuals who have experienced loss and trauma, and also provides clinical supervision and management training. She is also a main facilitator for the SWEET Institute.
"I loved that the course was full of concrete information, time boundaries were kept, great attention to detail, and follow-up with everything referenced in course. I value instructor's commitment to clarity, understanding, and learning!"
– Jennifer, LCSW
"Webinars often feel impersonal and passive; this one did not at all. An effective and memorable learning experience."
– Janice, LMSW
"Love the presenters. I feel like we know and respect each other."
– Debra, LCSW
"Your seminars are very interesting and useful, not just for the CEU's, which in all honesty was what I started out as using SWEET for, but definitely came out with something more than expected! Thank you!"
– Robert, LMSW