Understanding PTSD (Self-Study)
2 CEU for LMSWs, LCSWs, LMHCs, and CASACs
Such a common condition, yet so little understood with so much misinformation around it. What's more, it is easy to believe that we really know all about it. Furthermore, are the treatments we've been using as effective as they could be? If not, what is the solution to all this?
With so many individuals with a trauma history, many of whom living with PTSD, understanding PTSD is of great importance to all of us, as clinicians.
If you want to make a major difference in the lives of your patients and clients, please join us now.
- Learned the framework of the Socratic Motivational Practice to properly manage PTSD with your patients and clients.
- Learned the Principles, Techniques, Steps, and Do's and Don'ts of the Socratic Motivational Practice to properly manage PTSD with your patients and clients.
- Increased your tools to talking with patients and clients by identifying at least one thing you will start doing differently, at the end of the webinar, as a result of the Socratic Motivational Practice framework.
- Everything you want in one place, including an illustration of how to implement the newly learned skills during our role plays.
- Received your certificate by email immediately after your post-test and evaluation are completed.
HERE'S WHAT ATTENDEES ARE SAYING ABOUT OUR SWEET WEBINARS:
"I enjoyed the techniques you can learn to do along with clients in session to make them feel better and the law of little things."
– Grace, LCSW-R
"Facilitator's full engagement and clear knowledge of the work."
– Rosa, LMSW
"This webinar opened me up to other methods that can be used in psychotherapy."
– Rona, LCSW-R
There are a handful of states that the NASW does not cover because those states want to maintain their independent authority to approve, or not, providers and courses. In New York State, the Office of Professions controls the approval process. We are an approved provider by the NY State Office of Professions. In other words:
- In the State of New York, SWEET Institute is approved by the Office of Professions under Dr. Sidor Psychiatric Services as a CEU provider for social workers (#SW-0471) and mental health counselors (#MHC-0127).
- Our live and self-study webinars are individually approved by the NASW National CE Approval Program in 46 additional states. SWEET courses are NOT approved by the NASW National CE Approval Program in: Michigan, New Jersey, and West Virginia.
Get started now!
89% of SWEET Webinar Attendees feel that the courses give them practical information they can use in their everyday life
Your Facilitator and Co-Facilitator
Mardoche Sidor, MD is a Harvard-trained Quadruple Board Certified Psychiatrist and Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at Columbia University, School of Physicians and Surgeons. He has trained in and taught all major psychotherapeutic modalities, including and not limited to CBT, DBT, Family Systems, and Psychodynamic Psychotherapy. He is also the author of 6 books including Journey to Empowerment, Discovering Your Worth, and The Power of Faith, and Art of Living. Dr. Sidor has worked both as a primary care physician and Medical Director in three different settings, including a Chief Medical Officer of the Center for Alternative Sentencing and Employment Services (CASES). He is a main facilitator for the SWEET Institute.
Karen Dubin, PhD, LCSW, is a Columbia-trained Social Worker with wide clinical, teaching, and supervision experience. She also has a background in management, mentorship, and leadership that spans more than 20 years. Her added passion is in advocacy and coaching. She has previously held Executive level positions, and two other directorships in different organizations. She is currently Adjunct Faculty at Columbia University School of Social Work and Adelphi University School of Social Work. She also maintains a private practice, provides supervision, and clinical and management training. She is also a personal and executive-level coach. She is a main facilitator for the SWEET Institute.
"I loved that the course was full of concrete information, time boundaries were kept, great attention to detail, and follow-up with everything referenced in course. I value instructor's commitment to clarity, understanding, and learning!"
– Jennifer, LCSW
"Webinars often feel impersonal and passive; this one did not at all. An effective and memorable learning experience."
– Janice, LMSW
"Love the presenters. I feel like we know and respect each other."
– Debra, LCSW
"Your seminars are very interesting and useful, not just for the CEU's, which in all honesty was what I started out as using SWEET for, but definitely came out with something more than expected! Thank you!"
– Robert, LMSW